Jul 20, 2007

Homework at The FCI : Part 1 = Marmite Dieppoise

In level 5 at The FCI, every student is asked to write a Menu Project in 2 parts. In the 1st part, we have to provide a project of one classic French dish, assigned in a lotery format. He should describe the procedure for making the dish, identify the region of origin, give a brief overview of the region on Culinary aspects and other information such as the history of the dish, the cooking method employed and similar dishes from other regions or cultures...
This post presents the part 1 of my project. The lotery assigned me a regional dish from Normandy, called Marmite Dieppoise, from the name of a seaside port called Dieppe, 80 kilometers from my hometown in Normandy : Rouen !.

What an irony ! I have been assigned that dish I have never heard of thousands miles away in New York !

As soon as I came back home, I asked for contribution of one of my best and reliable contributors on Cooking matters : Maman ! So she could provide by mail some materials on the recipe. The WEB and the FCI library were also able to provide many valuable info...


In the following posts, you will be able to have a general overlook of my project...

No comments: