The Trou Normand is Green apple sorbet served in a glass with this strong apple liquor called Calvados.
Here is the recipe I used for the sorbet...
The complete menu I prepared :
- Butternut squash and parsnip velouté
- Roasted beets in honey, rosemary and olive oil
- Chestnuts poêlée
- Mushrooms and lardons poêlée
- Roasted tricolor carrots
- Roasted asparagus in orange sauce
- Mashed potatoes
- Traditional Thanksgiving stuffing with cranberry sauce and gravy
- Trou Normand (Calvados liquor with apple sorbet)
- Sweet potato crumble
- Apple Tatin tart
- Rhubarb and raspberry tart
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove bird from brine and rinse inside and out with cold water
- Pat dry with paper towels. Season with S&P
- Add aromatics to cavity
- Tuck back wings and coat whole bird with neutral oil
- Place bird on lowest level of the oven at 500 degrees F. for 30 minutes for roasting
- Remove from oven and cover breast with a double layer of aluminum foil
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- A 14 to 16 pound bird should require a total of 2 to 2 1/2 hours of roasting
- Let turkey rest, loosely covered for 15 minutes before carving