The two first were found on an already quoted culinary website (see the block My Links on the right of my blog..). The third was prepared at my work where I am Sous Chef (see previous posts...).
The recipe was written by Christian Leroy, Chef de L'écume des mers in Lille (major city in very North of France). I particularly like the way he uses the collar of the pineapple to plate the tartar...
Ananas Marinée à l’Anis Etoilé
Anise star Pod Marinated Pineapple
Click here for the recipe in video in French. The recipe is prepared by Chef Carl Henaux from the Restaurant Bonsoir Clara in Brussels. This is a very simple and refreshing dessert you would enjoy after a long and multi-course menu...
Ananas Braisé à la Vanille et au Lait de Coco
Braised Pineapple with Vanilla and Coconut Milk
- 1 pineapple
- 3 vanilla beans
- 1 can of coco milk
- 3 TBS of brandy, rum or other liquors
- 100 gr sugar
- Peel pineapple, core the center and slice
- In a sauteuse, prepare the sugar and the water to make the caramel.
- When the caramel is blond, pour the coconut milk and mix.
- Add some brandy, water, vanilla beans and pineapple slices.
- Cover with aluminium foil and let cooked on low heat.
- Don't overcook or it will become puree.