Apr 5, 2008

One Year In New York : What’s Next? (6)

If I have chosen to become a professional cook, it is also because I thought that profession could allow me to travel in different countries, especially being French, with such a reputed cuisine. I sometimes think that Japan would be a great place to live for a couple of years; especially because of the respect Japanese cooks have for quality of ingredients and aesthetics. Korea is also a possibility where Marie comes from…


In most foreign countries, French food has the image of being upmarket, complex, elaborated, pompous, refined and expensive cuisine. People could be intimidated when entering a French restaurant (I am!) by the stiffness of the service and the decorum of the premises.


That is true of course but there is also another French cooking, more accessible, simple, eater-friendly but still tasteful and enjoyable. I really think that kind of restaurant will have a huge success in many countries…


Our Dream is also to run an Inn in one region of France, where we would pair Gastronomy, cooking lessons and History offering foreign visitors the chance to live a true and unforgettable experience in the French countryside in an old and charming mansion…

But there are so many things to learn and experience here in New York that we might stick here for a couple of years!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying your posts, Laurent, and I'm happy to see that you're doing well! Keep up the writing...