The first recipe was found in the special December 2009-January 2010 HISTORIA, a French magazine specialized in history. This special treats about the gourmand cuisine, from prehistory to contemporary times.
The second was found in a book written by the famous French chef, Guy Martin, whose book, Légumes treat about the cooking of seasonal vegetables through Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter...
Strawberry, ginger and lemon jam (yield 2x350gr jars)
- 1)Rinse, cut in equal size 500gr strawberries and put in a container. Squeeze one lemon in it and add 150gr sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and infuse in the fridge for 24 hours.
- 2) Strain and boil the liquid, add 150gr flavorful honey and 1 tsp finely chopped ginger. Reduce for 5 mn.
- 3) Add the strawberries, cook 10 mn after boiling again.
- 4) Pour in jars (beforehand sterilized in boiling water)
Zucchini, lemon and ginger jam (yield = 3x320cl jars)
- 1) Slice lengh wise 1 kg zucchini with a mandolin (don't peel)
- 2) Zest 2 limes and julienne them
- 3) Squeeze 6 limes
- 4) Peel 40 gr ginger and cut in thin slices
- 5) In a container, put in alternative layers the zucchini, ginger, zest, 2 vanilla pods and 800 gr sugar. Pour the lime juice and cover with plastic wrap. Put in the fridge for 24 hours.
- 6) Cook in a rondeau pan and boil first. Then simmer for 15 mn and stir delicately.
- 7) Pour in 3 jars.